Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Baby's Favourite...Upma

"You are going to have a baby" seven words that changed my life.I and my hubby were excited thrilled to listen these words from nurse.Firstly I thought I was dreaming... my joy knew no bounds....

The feeling that..Now I was going to have a baby of my own, a little person that would be totally dependent on me was indeed amazing... Initially I was really scared a little... I thaught I need to be responsible now....

Finally in the month of August we were blessed with baby boy... He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. He was my perfect little man. I love him with all my heart! 

How time flies nobody knows...Now that wonderful blessing-my prince is about to complete 2 years...since 1 and 1/2 year he loves upma like anything...till now he is fond of plain upma...It gives me immense pleasure to feed him with warm upma....It gives me feeling of special bond of silk thread that we both share..."bond of love" 


My Cutie Pie-Arnav


Linking this article to event-My baby's favourite food...


Thanks Roma for hosting this amazing event.I liked the theme as it gave me a golden chance for uploading my baby's favourite upma...which has really become his life...he loves it so very much that anytime I start preparing for it he smells it even from distance,comes near me and makes lovely sound from his mouth...yuuuuummmmmmm and also while eating does the action of chaannnn...chaaannnn.I feel satisfied and contented to prepare and give it to him So also Iam very excited to share it with you and to post it in this event.As per your request Iam linking this to..baby food recipes event... also submitting my entry by filling form from baby food recipes website.

PLAIN UPMA


Ingredients:
3 tbsp roasted semolina or rava.
2 pinches Cumin powder.
2 pinches salt.
1 glass full of water.
1 pinch of mustard seeds
1 tsp of ghee.
1 pinch of turmeric.
1/2 glass of milk.
1 pinch of hing.
1 pinch of sugar.

Procedure:
1.Heat ghee in a pan.
2.Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3.Now add hing and turmeric powder.
4.Pour water.My baby prefers semi liquid foods only so I add more water.You can adjust it as you require.
5.Now add cumin powder,salt and sugar.
6.Allow the water to boil and then rava.
7.Stir it continously so that no lumps are formed.
8.Cook it for 2 mins.
7.Serve hot by pouring hot milk on it.

Your baby will also enjoy it eating.Surely you will be happy excited and contented to feed your baby with this yummy upma which can be made quickly and very easily with ingredients that are easily available at our home.

1 comment:

  1. hey Supriya! Upma is indeed a perfect dish for babies as they can easily swallow it.
    Thanks so much for participating in the Baby Food recipe event.
    Your baby looks really cute, thanks for sharing his picture with us.

    ReplyDelete